Henry R. Stiepel
Letters of Intent and Contracts to Negotiate
Conditions and Obligations to Pay Commissions
Limiting Rights and Remedies By Contract
Recent Updates: Expanded Right to Introduce Fraud into Evidence to Invalidate Written Contracts
Back to Basics: Who can sign?
Henry R. Stiepel represents owners, investors, asset managers, and corporate users in industrial and commercial real property sales, acquisitions, financing, development, and leasing. Mr. Stiepel has more than 28 years of extensive experience in actively negotiating the acquisition, disposition, financing and leasing of office, industrial, R&D and retail projects.
Mr. Stiepel’s experience includes the negotiation preparation and review of purchase contracts, leases, ground leases, construction documents, financing documents, easement agreements, management contracts, agreements with counties and municipalities and related development agreements.
Since 2005, Mr. Stiepel has been named one of “The Best Lawyers in America”, Real Estate Law. He has also received an A-V Peer rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest legal ability rating available. Mr. Stiepel has served on the Board of Directors of the U.C. Irvine Athletic Association and on the U.C. Irvine Dean’s Advisory Council for the School of the Arts, and the Executive Board of the Orange County Council, Boy Scouts of America.
Recent Representative Transactions
- Representation of landlord in negotiation of 108,000 combined square foot office and warehouse mixed use lease with international electronics manufacturer.
- Representation of portfolio owner of commercial, industrial and retail projects in $20 million of multi-state refinancings.
- Representation of landlord in connection with 86,000 commercial/industrial lease to aerospace industry manufacturer.
- Representation of joint venture in connection with approximately $70 million of acquisitions of agricultural and dairy properties in California and Arizona.
- Representation of developer in procurement of development rights for 500,000 square foot commercial and retail development, and subsequent parcelization and sale.
- Representation of owner in connection with development agreement and related easement and municipal agreements for construction of 600,000 square foot office project.
- Representation of master developer in connection with sale of tracts in 600 acre residential master planned project to residential builders.
- Representation of seller in connection with sale of regional theater and five-star restaurant.
- Representation of retail importer in connection with purchase of 148,000 square foot industrial building on contaminated land pending approval of seller-remediation by government agencies.
- Representation of law firm in connection with 20,000 sf office space lease.
- Representation of software developer in connection with 90,000 build-to-suit lease for headquarters space.
- Representation of seller in connection with sale of 40,000 square foot building with historical designation.
- Representation of Southern California municipality as outside special counsel in connection with purchase of contaminated property for regional transportation center pending environmental remediation by seller.
J.D., University of Southern California Law Center (Editor, Law Review), 1981
B.A., University of California at Irvine (cum laude), 1978
State Bar of California
California Bar Association (Real Property Law Section)
Orange County Bar Association (Real Property Law section)
AVVO Top 100 Attorneys, Since 2011
Best Lawyers in America, Since 2006
Southern California Super Lawyers, Since 2009
10-Year AV Preeminent Rated (highest legal ability rating available from Martindale-Hubbell)